Hi. I'm Nicholas Jarvis Powers, self-taught pianist and songwriter. I'm on the left. I have been rolling around in the gutters of the East Bay since I was a little kid. Kevin and Dylan Gautschi (guitar & drums, respectively) are French brothers and are the sons of Pamela Wood, bass player for Bay Area weirdo-rock legends Leila & The Snakes. Major Powers & The Lo-Fi Symphony is our band. We play Adventure Rock™.
Instead of a corny autobiography where we hem and haw about our "furiously intricate" song writing, our "refreshingly complex" harmonies, our "staggeringly adventurous" musical influences, or our "sonic exploration of the human condition, simultaneously tragic and hilarious," we'd love to point you some recent press: CLICK THIS SHIT FOR RECENT PRESS.
Or, even better, you can listen for yourself:
WE BECAME MONSTERS
If you're a record reviewer (or anyone, frankly) and want to share our download link with your audience, please direct people here: http://lofisymphony.com/webecamemonsters.
A LITTLE HISTORY
Nick, Kevin and Dylan all grew up together in the meth-dusted gulch of Crockett, CA (and Port Costa, CA), which, along with Rodeo, CA and Hercules, CA, comprise the most unheard-of area in the East Bay, CA. They were in different bands at first, but after some time passed and some things happened, they were in the same band.
And here's a handy bulleted list of some noteworthy Major Powers stuff:
• Their video for 93,000,000 Miles was featured on the front page of The Pirate Bay (almost two billion page views per month) garnering them a worldwide audience overnight.
• They were voted SF Deli Mag's Best Emerging Artist of 2013.
• They headlined The 2014 Edwardian Ball at the Regency Ballroom in SF, CA.
• They were selected to open for Buckethead in Fairfax, CA.
• They played two month-long residencies at famous SF Mission hangout Amnesia.
• There's more noteworthy stuff. If you want to hear it that bad, email them.
INTERVIEW: KGO 810AM
INTERVIEW: CHICO NEWS & REVIEW
INTERVIEW: STOCKTON RECORD
How To Play 93,000,000 Miles
"I Need Your Help"
Major Powers wrote a song for their five billionth Facebook like:
LOOK AT MAJOR POWERS
MAJOR POWERS & THE LO-FI SYMPHONY
BOOKING & PRESS: firstname.lastname@example.org
AMAZING PONY: email@example.com
MAJOR POWERS ON THE INTERNET